This involves the process of altering or amending information in the identity card such as name, date of birth and religion.
- The applicant must be present in person.
- The applicant must possess an identity card. Applicants who have yet to own an identity card is not eligible to apply.
- Application Form JPN.KP16 (available at any NRD counter) must be fully completed.
The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter, bringing along the following documents (the original and a copy):
- Statutory declaration (if the applicant is below 18, the declaration shall be made by the mother/father/guardian)
- Identity Card.
- Birth certificate/adoption certificate/certificate of citizenship/ confirmation of citizenship status/citizenship form/entry permit (whichever is applicable)
- A copy of identification document of the mother/father/guardian for applicants below 18 years of age (copy of identity card or temporary identification document)
- Passport (if any).
- Other supporting documents relevant to the application, such as:
a. Card declaring embracing of Islam for those who have embraced to Islam with or without change to the original name.
b. Shariah court order/attestation letter from the Islamic Religious Council or Department for the application to convert from Islam to another religion, and to change from a Muslim to a non-Muslim name.
c. Baptism certificate/attestation letter on embracing of Buddhism/Hinduism/Sikhism for religion change application affecting name. If the original name is maintained, then only Appendix “A” needs to be filled at the counter and the above supporting documents will not be required.
d. Marriage certificate KC07 issued by the NRD for the application to enter the husband’s name for those married to foreign citizens only.
e. Other documents required by the department to support the application to alter particulars.
1. Citizens/Non-Citizens = RM10.00 (processing fee for alteration of particulars)
If the application for alteration of particulars is approved, a replacement card application fee will be charged as follows:
a. Citizens = RM10.00
b. Non-citizens = RM40.00
Note: According to Regulations 14 (1) & (2) of the National Registration Regulations 1990 (Amendment 2001), every person who applies to change his/her name or to amend the particulars in the identity card other than the address must immediately apply for a replacement identity card.