Regulation 3 of the National Registration Regulations 1990 (Amendment 2007) states that a citizen who was not resident in Malaysia from age 12 to 16 must register for the identity card within 30 days of the date of arrival in Malaysia.
1. The applicant must be aged 16 or above.
2. Applicants must be present at the NRD State or NRD Headquarters only.
3. The applicant was not residing in Malaysia from age 12 to 16 (passport used as proof of travel).
4. Application Form JPN.KP01 (obtainable from the NRD counter) must be completed.
5. The application must be made by the applicant within 30 days of the date of arrival in Malaysia. Otherwise, a processing fee will be imposed.
Applicants must be present at the NRD State or NRD Head Office only and bring the required documents (originals and copies).
1. Applicant’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
1.1. Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate or Citizenship Certificate or confirmation of citizenship status or Citizenship Form
Payment Schedule 6A
Identity Card (MyKad) Application Fee for New Arrival
|Description||Processing Fee (RM)||Total (RM)|
|Application date – Arrival date in passport < 30 days||WAIVED||WAIVED|
|30 days < arrival date in passport Application date – arrival date in passport ≤ 60 days||10.00||10.00|
Note: The online forms are to be used as reference only. They may not be printed and used for transaction purposes. For transactions, please use the original forms.