Regulation 3 of the National Registration Regulations 1990 (Amendment 2007) states that a Malaysian child who has reached the age of 12 must register for the identity card.
1. The applicant must have attained 12 years of age but is below 16.
2. The applicant’s sponsor must be present, who is either the
2.1 Parent; or
2.2 Guardian (the guardian could be the grandfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, elder sister or brother who is over 21).
3. Application Form JPN.KP01 (obtainable from the NRD counter) that is completed.
4. The applicant must submit the application within 30 days of attaining the age of 12. Otherwise, a processing fee will be charged.
5. If the guardian is other than the above category must submit a statutory declaration letter and a letter of confirmation of the applicant’s care from the Department of Social Welfare (JKM) to be brought together.
The applicant and the sponsor are required to go to any NRD counter with the necessary original documents.
1. Applicant’s Documents (Originals)
1.1. Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate or Citizenship Certificate or confirmation of citizenship status or Citizenship Form or Appendix A (JAKOA)
1.2. Passport if the applicant is a non-resident
2. Sponsor’s Documents (Originals)
2.1. Identity card
2.2. Guardians who have no family relationship, must submit a statutory declaration letter and a confirmation letter from the applicant from the Social Welfare Department (JKM) to be brought together.
2.3. Non-citizen sponsors must bring passports from their country of origin.
Identity Card (MyKad) Application Fees for Children Aged 12
Children attaining the age of 12 who fail to apply for the identity card (MyKad) within 30 days will incur a processing fee.
Payment Schedule 1A
|Age||Application Fee (RM)||Processing Fee (RM)||Total (RM)|
|From 12 years to 12 years and 30 days||–||–||–|
|From 12 years and 30 days to 13 years||–||10.00||10.00|
|From 13 tahun and 1 days to 14 years||–||10.00||10.00|
|From 14 years and 1 days to 15 years||–||10.00||10.00|
|From 15 years and 1 days to 16 years||–||10.00||10.00|