Application to correct minor errors made by the NRD in spelling which even if not corrected will not change the facts in the Birth Certificate.
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Peninsular Malaysia with the necessary documents.
- Forms JPN.LM21 and JPN.LM22 that are completed;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Family information form BMK81;
- Identity card or identification document of the applicant (original and copy);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
- Any other supporting documents
- Identity card or identification document (original and copy)
- Birth Certificate or identity card, if any (original and copy)
- Registration fee: RM2.00;
- Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
JPN. LM21 – Application for Insertion of Name/Correction of Errors in the Birth Register
JPN.LM22– Declaration Letter for Application to Correct Errors in the Birth Register
BMK81 – Family Information Form
Note : The online forms are to be used reference only.The may not be printed and used for transaction purpose.For transactions,please use the original forms.