Death of Malaysian citizens in a foreign country must be reported to the National Registration Department (NRD). The department will input the information on the death in the NRD system and certification of death will be issued to the applicant. Deaths abroad can be reported at any NRD office in Peninsular Malaysia.
Application to report a death in a foreign country may be submitted by the following persons:
- Spouse of the deceased;
- Child of the deceased aged 18 years and above;
- Parent of the deceased;
- Sibling of the deceased aged 18 years and above;
- Person with knowledge of the death and able to provide information or evidence of the death
- Death registration form JPN.LM02 (update of death abroad);
- Original identity card or identification document of the deceased;
- Identity card or identification document of the applicant (original and copy);
- Documented proof of death:-
4.1 Death Certificate issued by the country where death occurred (original document and one (1) copy of the original);
4.2 Certification of death from the hospital where death occurred (original and copy); and
4.3 Certification of death from the Malaysian Embassy in the foreign country where death occurred (original and copy)
Free of Charge
JPN.LM02 – Note : The online forms are to be used reference only.The may not be printed and used for transaction purpose.For transactions,please use the original forms.