Normal registration of death refers to registration of a death in Sabah that is made within 24 hours of death.
Application for registration of death may be made by the following persons:
- Next of kin of the deceased;
- Person with knowledge of the death
- Death registration form B and form N2 (extract) that are completed;
- Police report for death occurring at home (original and copy);
- Certification of death if the death occurred in a hospital (original and copy);
- Identity card or entry permit or passport of the next of kin of the deceased or of the person with knowledge of the death (original and copy);
- Original identity card or identification document of the deceased. If these are unavailable/lost then a police report must be included.