Any person who wishes to obtain an extract or certified copy of the application form, certificate, notice, order or declaration from the register as provided for under Part III of the Constitution or under the provisions of the Federation of Malaya Agreement, 1948 may do so by making a written application using the prescribed form.
Form N must be completed and submitted together with A4 copies of the necessary documents.
Applications may be submitted at any counter of the Citizenship Division of the Putrajaya NRD headquarters, state NRD headquarters/branches or by post.
1. Information required for the extract (such as certificate number, subject, place and date of issue)
2. Applicant’s identity card number (also attach Birth Certificate if applicant’s name is recorded in the parents’ Citizenship Certificates)
3. If the applicant is the child of the Citizenship Certificate owner and the certificate owner has died, then the Death Certificate of the parent must be attached.
4. Provide clear reasons in the application form for requesting the extract.
5. The applicant shall be the:
5.1 Document owner or
5.2 Parent of document owner
5.3 Spouse of document owner
5.4 Child of document owner
5.5 Next of kin (grandfather/grandmother only)
1. RM2.00 for application fee
2. RM5.00 to issue the document
Note: Payment is by cash or postal order of RM2.00 or RM5.00 value.
All applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms. Forms may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/ branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.