This is application for Malaysian citizenship by naturalisation.
1. The applicant shall appear before the Registrar of Citizenship when submitting the application.
2. The applicant must be aged 21 years and above on the date of the application.
3. The applicant has resided in the federation for a period of not less than 10 years in a period of 12 years, including the 12 months immediately preceding the date of application.
4. The applicant intends to reside permanently in the federation.
5. The applicant is of good character.
6. The applicant has adequate knowledge of the Malay language.
7. The applicant must be sponsored by two referees who are citizens aged 21 years and above and who are not relatives, not hired persons, and not advocates or solicitors to the applicant.
8. Form C must be completed and submitted together with copies of the necessary documents.
The applicant is required to go to the counter at the Citizenship Division of the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/branch, bringing along originals and copies of required documents.
1. APPLICANT’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
1.1. Identity card
1.2. Entry permit or extract of details from the identity card register
1.3. Passport or other travel document (if any)
1.4. Birth Certificate, latest extract of Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate (if any)
1.5. Three (3) recent passport-sized photographs with a blue background
2. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (COPIES)
2.1. Identity card
2.2. Birth Certificate or latest extract of Birth Certificate (if any)
2.3. Citizenship Certificate (if any)
3. SPOUSE’S AND CHILDREN’S DOCUMENTS (COPIES)
3.1. Identity card (if any)
3.2. Birth Certificate or latest extract of Birth Certificate (if any)
3.3. Citizenship Certificate (if any)
4. PARENTS’ AND SIBLING’S DOCUMENTS (COPIES)
4.1. Identity card (if any)
Note: All copies of supporting documents should be made on A4 paper.
1. RM10.00 for application fee
2. RM200.00 to issue Citizenship Certificate for applicants residing in the federation on Independence Day, 31 August 1957 (if approved)
3. RM300.00 to issue Citizenship Certificate for applicants not residing in the federation on Independence Day, 31 August 1957 (if approved)
All applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms. Forms may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.