MyKid is the identity card or identification document with a chip issued to a child under the age of 12. Its features are similar to those of MyKad except that it does not contain a photograph and thumbprints.
‘My’ denotes ‘Malaysia’ and ‘Kid’ is the Malay abbreviation for ‘personal identity card’. The identification number on MyKid will be used in all matters from birth to end of life.
The MyKid chip contains three main applications:
- NRD application (birth data)
- Health information
- Education information
1.Reduces use of paper forms when dealing with government or private agencies
2. Used in transactions with departments or agencies such as hospitals or clinics for medical examination, schooling, etc
3. Portable due to its small size
4. Contains security features to prevent abuse
5. Uses chip technology where information can be read on the card or in the chip. The information in the chip can also be updated easily.
6. Attractive design
MyKid can be applied by every Malaysian child under the age of 12.
i. For registration of new birth, MyKid will be processed during the application for registration of birth.
ii. For applications to replace lost/damaged cards, the applicant must fill in Form JPN.MYKID01.
1. Malaysian birth certificate/Form W (original)
2. Identification document of the applicant (mother or father)