Applicants aged 16 and above who have not been a bearer of the identity card and have resided in Malaysia throughout the period of time must apply for late registration of identity card.
1. The applicant must be aged 16 and above.
2. The applicant must be accompanied by a sponsor, who is either the
2.1. Parent; or
2.2. Guardian (the guardian could be the grandfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, elder sister or brother who is over 21).
3. The applicant has never applied for and has not been a bearer of the identity card and has resided in Malaysia from age 12 to 16.
4. The following forms (obtainable from the NRD counter) must be completed:
4.1. Application Form JPN.KP01;
4.2. Statutory declaration (Form JPN DL-1);
4.3. Explanatory form for late registration of identity card by the parent or guardian (Form JPN DL-2);
4.4. Extract of school register (Form JPN DL-3);
4.5. Statutory declaration for children who have never been schooled (Form JPN DL-4);
4.6. Family Information Form (BMK.81 & BMK.81A); and
4.7. Form RK-JPN-KP-PU-06-03 (for sponsors other than those allowed).
The applicant and the sponsor are required to go to any NRD counter with the necessary documents.
1. Applicant’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
1.1. Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate or Citizenship Certificate or confirmation of citizenship status or Citizenship Form or entry permit
1.2. Postcard-sized full-length photograph;
1.3. Passport (compulsory for entry permit holders);
2. Sponsor’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
2.1. Identity card and Birth Certificate or entry permit or passport or Citizenship Certificate;
2.2. Parents’ Marriage or Divorce Certificate (for parents married on or after 1 March 1982 and for non-citizen mothers);
2.3. Statutory declaration (for guardians who are not related to the applicant, namely not the mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, elder sister or brother who are over 21).
3. Family Documents (Originals And Copies)
3.1. Identity cards and Birth Certificates or entry permits or passports of siblings (if applicable);
3.2. Identity cards and Birth Certificates or entry permits or passports of husband or wife and children (if applicable);
3.3. Applicant’s photograph with mother or father and siblings;
3.4. Death Certificate of mother or father or sibling or husband or wife (if applicable);
3.5. Passport-sized photographs of the applicant, mother or father and all siblings that are arranged and affixed to the list of photographs in form BMK-81A.
4.1 For the verification of address, it is required to submit the electricity bill/ water bill / sewerage bill / utility bill /Property assessment tax/ assessment tax / income tax’s assessment form / sale and purchase agreement / tenancy agreement / supporting document from Headman / Village Head / Tuai Rumah (Longhouse Head) / ADUN (State Legislative Assembly Members) / MP (Member of Parliament) / Employer / Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM) or other equivalent documents. (ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED COPY)
Payment Schedule 6A
Note: The online forms are to be used as reference only. They may not be printed and used for transaction purposes. For transactions, please use the original forms.
- Application Form JPN.KP01;
- Statutory declaration (Form JPN DL-1);
- Explanatory form for late registration of identity card by the parent or guardian (Form JPN DL-2);
- Extract of school register (Form JPN DL-3);
- Statutory declaration for children who have never been schooled (Form JPN DL-4);
- Family Information
- Form RK-JPN-KP-PU-06-03 (for sponsors other than those allowed).