Regulation 15 of the National Registration Regulations 1990 states that the holder of an identity card who will be changing the current place of residence to another place of residence for a period of 90 days or more shall change the address on the identity card.
1. The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter.
2. The Change of Address Form (obtainable from the NRD counter) that is completed.
3. The provided address must be a permanent residential address in Malaysia. Addresses of the workplace, office, organisation or post office (PO) box are not allowed.
4. The applicant’s aged below than 18 years old is required to come with the parent or guardian
The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter with the required document (original).
1. Applicant’s Document (Original)
1.1. Identity card.
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
2.1 For the verification of address, it is required to submit the electricity bill/ water bill / sewerage bill / utility bill /Property assessment tax/ assessment tax / income tax’s assessment form / sale and purchase agreement / tenancy agreement / supporting document from Headman / Village Head / Tuai Rumah (Longhouse Head) / ADUN (State Legislative Assembly Members) / MP (Member of Parliament) / Employer / Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM) or other equivalent documents. (ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED COPY)
1.1 Change of address requiring issue of a new identity card: RM10.00
2.1. Change of address requiring issue of a new identity card: RM40.00