Regulation 3 of the National Registration Regulations 1990 (Amendment 2007) states that a permanent resident is required to register for the identity card within 30 days of attaining age 12, or of the reference date of the entry permit issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
1. The applicant must be aged 12 or above. Applicants who are aged 12 or older but not yet 16 must be accompanied by a sponsor. (Sponsor: parent or *guardian. *The guardian could be the grandfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, elder sister or brother who is over 21.)
2. The applicant must go to either the Putrajaya NRD Headquarters or the State NRD Headquarters only.
3. Application Form JPN.KP01 (obtainable from the NRD counter) must be completed.
4. The application must be submitted within 30 days of the applicant attaining the age of 12, or of the entry permit reference date (oval stamp). Otherwise, a processing fee will be imposed.
The applicant is required to go to the counter at the NRD Headquarters or the State NRD Headquarters with the necessary documents (originals and copies).
1. Application For Identity Card (Mypr) For Children Aged 12 Who Are Permanent Residents
1.1. Applicant’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
1.1.1. Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate (application for children aged 12 who are permanent residents and born in Malaysia)
1.1.2. Entry permit
1.1.3. International passport
1.2. Sponsor’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
1.2.1. Identity card.
1.2.2. A guardian who is not a relative of the applicant must bring along the document confirming guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare
1.2.3. Passport from country of origin for non-citizen sponsor
2. Application For Identity Card (Mypr) For First Time For Permanent Residents
2.1. Applicant’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
2.1.1. Entry permit.
2.1.2. Valid international passport.
3.1 For the verification of address, it is required to provide the electricity bill/ water bill / sewerage bill / utility bill /Property assessment tax/ assessment tax / income tax’s assessment form / sale and purchase agreement / tenancy agreement / supporting document from Headman / Village Head / Tuai Rumah (Longhouse Head) / ADUN (State Legislative Assembly Members) / MP (Member of Parliament) / Employer / Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM) or other equivalent documents. (ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED COPY)
Payment Schedule 6A
Identity Card (MyPR) Application Fee for Children Aged 12 Who Are Permanent Residents
|Description||Application Fee (RM)||Processing Fee (RM)||Total (RM|
|12 years to 12 years and 30 days||40.00||WAIVED||40.00|
|Over 12 years and 30 days to 16 years||40.00||10.00||50.00|
Payment Schedule 7A
Identity Card (MyPR) Application Fee for First Time for Permanent Residents
|Description||Application Fee (RM)||Processing Fee (RM)||Compound Fee (RM)||Total (RM)|
|Application date – entry permit reference date < 30 days||40.00||WAIVED||WAIVED||40.00|
|30 days < Application date – entry permit reference date ≤ 60 days||40.00||10.00||3.00||53.00|
|60 days < Application date – entry permit reference date ≤ 90 days||40.00||10.00||5.00||55.00|
|90 days < Application date – entry permit reference date ≤ 180 days||40.00||10.00||10.00||60.00|
|180 days < Application date – entry permit reference date||40.00||10.00||20.00||70.00|
Note: The online forms are to be used as reference only. They may not be printed and used for transaction purposes. For transactions, please use the original forms.