Delayed registration of birth refers to registration that is made from the 15th to the 42nd day after the birth of a child.
Application for registration of a child may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian;
- Person having knowledge of the birth
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter with the required documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Forms A and N1 (extract) that are completed;
- Confirmation of birth form from the hospital or certification of home birth from the midwife/doctor (original);
- Prenatal card (maternity examination book) (original and copy); and
- Child’s health and immunisation card (original and copy)
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Identity cards or entry permits or passports of the parents and the person reporting the birth (originals and copies);
- Marriage or divorce document or death certificates of the parents (originals and copies)
INFORMANT’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Identity card or entry permit or passport (original and copy)
Processing fee: RM5.00