This is an application to perform a search or an extract of the marriage register for persons who have registered their marriage.
- Applications can be submitted at any NRD counter or by post to any National Registration Department office.
- Either spouse or their children or parents or siblings (brother or sister) or an appointed lawyer with an authorised letter may arrange for a search and extract of the marriage register. Third party which are not related to the marriage is NOT ALLOWED to apply for the search and extract of the marriage register.
- Appointed lawyer must completed all informations required including the lawyer’s name, MyKad or ID number and affixed the lawyer’s official stamp in Part C of Form JPN.KC09.
|1.||1. Form JPN.KC09:
1.1. Section A completed:
1.1.1. Name of bridegroom & identification document
1.1.2. Name of bride & identification document
1.2. Section B completed:
1.2.1. Date and place of wedding, or
1.2.2. Search year
1.3. Section C completed:
1.3.1. Applicant’s name and identification document
1.3.2. Reason for application
1.3.3. Signature and official stamp (if government agency / lawyer)
|2.||ORIGINAL MyKad for citizens (photocopy if submitted by post)|
|3.||ORIGINAL passport (photocopy of pages with personal details for applications at the counter or by post).|
|4.||Power of attorney/Authorization letter from the Marriage Certificate owner (ORIGINAL)|
|5.||Application letter from the lawyer with power of attorney, if application is made through the lawyer.(ORIGINAL)|
|6.||Application letter from the applicant, if application is made by post. (ORIGINAL)|
|7.||An additional document such as a bill for water, electricity or telephone, or other additional documentary proof (photocopy for applications by post).|
8.1. RM5.00 for each requested year of marriage search
8.2. RM50.00 for extract of marriage registers
8.3. RM4.00 for extract of marriage register under the Registration of Marriages Ordinance 1952
- RM5.00 for each requested year of marriage search.
- RM50.00 for extract of marriage register.
- RM4.00 for extract of marriage register under the Registration of Marriages Ordinance 1952.
Note: The online forms are to be used as reference only. They may not be printed and used for transaction purposes. For transactions, please use the original forms.
JPNKC09 – Application For Search / Extract Copy of Marriage Register