This application is for qualified committee members of churches, temples and communal associations to be appointed as Assistant Registrar of Marriages in their organisation to solemnise and register a marriage according to religion or custom at the premise stated in their appointed certificate.
1. The applicant is a committee member of a church, temple or communal association handling the customary affairs of the community who is supported by the organisation’s committee.
2. The applicant is voluntarily appointed and is deemed to be a public servant and subject to the Penal Code.
3. Applications shall be submitted to the NRD office in the respective district.
|1.||Form JPN.KC16 that is completed|
|2.||Three (3) recent passport-sized photographs of the applicant|
|4.||Certificate of Registration of Society (Church or Temple or Communal Association) (Photocopy)|
|5.||Proof of approval for change of name, address and constitution (if applicable)(Photocopy)|
|6.||The Organization’s Constitution (Photocopy)|
|7.||List of Current Committee Members of the Church or Temple or Communal Association.|
|8.||Annual Financial Statement for last 3 years – for Associations only (Photocopy)|
|9.||Certificate displaying minimum academic qualification of MCE or SPM or SPMV(Photocopy) – pass in Malay language subject|
|10.||Not older than 70 years old.|
|11.||Not a Commissioner for Oaths.|
|12.||The following photographs are to be affixed onto A4 paper:
12.1 Frontage of premises
12.2Security features of the premises (windows and doors with grilles).
12.3Locked steel cabinet to store controlled documents.
|13.||Application for extension must be submitted to the NRD’s district office at least three months before the expiry date of the current appointment.|
|14.||a. All photocopies of documents must be certified by the Registrar of Marriages and bear his signature, name, designation and official seal.
b. No charge or fee shall be imposed on the bridal couple for solemnization and registration of marriage conducted voluntarily by the Assistant Registrar of Marriages.
c. Solemnization and registration of marriage are not allowed outside of approved premises as stated in the appointed certificate.
– No charge.
1. All photocopies of documents must be certified by the Registrar of Marriages and bear his signature, name, designation and official seal.
2. No charge or fee shall be imposed on the bridal couple for solemnisation and registration of marriage conducted voluntarily by the Assistant Registrar of Marriages.
3. Solemnisation and registration of marriage are not allowed outside of approved premises as stated in the appointed certificate.
Note: The online forms are to be used as reference only. They may not be printed and used for transaction purposes. For transactions, please use the original forms.