This is an application by a married woman whose husband is a citizen.
1. The marriage is still in effect.
2. She has resided in the federation throughout the two years preceding the date of application and intends to do so permanently.
3. She is of good character.
4. The marriage was registered under written laws in force in the federation.
1. The applicant and her husband shall appear before the Registrar of Citizenship when submitting the application.
2. Form A must be completed and submitted together with copies of the necessary documents.
The applicant and her husband are required to go to the counter of the Citizenship Division of a nearby NRD office, bringing along originals and copies of required documents.
1. APPLICANT’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
1.1. Identity card
1.2. Birth Certificate or latest extract of Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate (if any)
1.3. Marriage document registered in accordance with the written law in Malaysia
1.4. Entry permit or extract of details from the applicant’s identity card register
1.5. Passport or other travel document (if any)
1.6. Three (3) recent passport-sized photographs with a blue background
2. HUSBAND’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
2.1. Identity card
2.2. Birth Certificate or latest extract of Birth Certificate (if any)
2.3. Citizenship Certificate (if any)
2.4. Passport or other travel document (if any)
2.5. One (1) recent passport-sized photograph with a blue background
3. PARENTS’ AND SIBLINGS’ DOCUMENTS (COPIES)
3.1. Identity card (if any)
4. CHILDREN’S DOCUMENTS (COPIES)
4.1. Birth Certificate (if any)
4.2.Identity card (if any)
Note: All copies of supporting documents should be made on A4 paper.
1. RM10.00 for application fee
2. RM300.00 to issue Citizenship Certificate (if approved)
All applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms which may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.