Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The mother/father, owner of the birth certificate or an authorised representative (next of kin/attorney) may apply to obtain the extract of birth certificate by way of:-

Being personally present at the counter of the nearest NRD office and bringing along the original identity card or identity document and filling in Form JPN.LM12. Cash payment of RM5.00 is charged for every extract of a birth certificate.

The persons who may inform about the birth of the child are as follows:-

  • Father of the child; or
  • Mother of the child or;
  • Person who resides in the house where the child was born; or
  • Any person who witnessed the birth; or

The mother/ father or legal guardian has proof that the birth of the child actually took place in Peninsular Malaysia may make an application for late registration of birth at any NRD counter nearby within Peninsular Malaysia.

Particular of the father of the child born out of wedlock will not be entered in the register of birth unless a joint application is made by the mother and the person claiming to be the father of the child. The person claiming to be the father of the child must sign the birth register together with the mother of the child.

The name on the birth certificate of a child who has not attained one (1) year of age may be amended or altered through an application for amendment of particulars.

For any other queries, please submit them via e-Enquiry (NRD SISPAA) at


Please call:

Customer Service Officer
Phone : 03-80008000
Faxs : 03-88808288
Email ( : pro

Font Resize