Contact Us
  • Home
  • Faq
  • Citizenship


I have fulfilled all the conditions of the application but still my application was rejected. Can I appeal?

The government is not yet satisfied with your application. The decision by the minister is final but if you still intend to become a Malaysian citizen, you may submit a new application.

Is there any way to expedite my citizenship application?

Before submitting the application, the customer has been informed that the citizenship application will be processed and completed within one year from the date of complete application received by the NRD Headquarters in Putrajaya. However, customers can submit a letter by stating the reason to expedite the application process and it is subject to the Malaysian Government’s jurisdiction

My child was born overseas and is now a year old. Can I register the birth of my child so that he becomes a Malaysian citizen? Where and how do I go about it?

You may submit an application for extension of birth registration of a child born overseas to the Minister through NRD Headquarters by completing the same form and providing the reasons for late registration. Applications can be made at any Malaysian Consulate abroad or the nearest NRD office if you are back in Malaysia.

My child was born in Singapore and I am a Malaysian citizen. How do I register my child as a Malaysian?

If a child is born in Singapore, registration at the Representative Office in Singapore is not required. If your child plans to reside in Malaysia in the future, you need only to apply for a confirmation of citizenship with the NRD through the representative office in Singapore and then apply for a certificate of status from the Immigration Department.

I have had my citizenship revoked/ been deprived of my citizenship. How do I regain my Malaysian citizenship?

You must first obtain a PR status from the Immigration Department. After that, you need to apply for the approval of the minister under Article 18 (2) of the Constitution of Malaysia to allow you to apply to become a citizen of Malaysia upon fulfilling the required conditions for citizenship application under the relevant articles of the Constitution.

My child was born overseas. I am a Malaysian citizen married to a foreigner. How do I register my child as a Malaysian citizen?

You may apply for citizenship for the child in accordance with the provisions of Article 15 (2) of the Federal Constitution. You may submit the application at any NRD headquarters near your place of residence.

For any other queries

Please submit them via e-Enquiry (NRD SISPAA) at http://jpn.spab.gov.my or
contact us: Customer Service Office
Tel :03-80008000
Email (@jpn.gov.my) : pro


Ibu Pejabat Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Putrajaya, 
No 20, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62551 Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya. 

Telefon: 03-8000 8000  Faks: 03-8880 8288 
E-mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Copyright 2021 - Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Malaysia

Last Updated: